Isn't is the dignity of
women better honored when their right to abort is recognized?
Liberalization of abortion marks a serious regression in
women's patient pursuit of the recognition of their dignity.
The liberalization of abortion has resulted in:
- men creating the conditions which permit them to dispose
of any woman whenever they wish, and at their convenience;
- the principle that men may relieve themselves of all
responsibility toward the child they have begotten;
- men dispensing themselves from promoting measures that
would ameliorate the situation of women in society;
- women becoming exploitable objects to whom, sterilization
is sometimes offered as a bonus or even imposed;
- largely enflamed by the media, a conflict between work,
sexuality, leisure and maternity.
Back to "Woman, Spouse and Mother".
Back to "Summary".