This room is dedicated to the "La Poterie" factory. Each producer has his own section.
At the end of his partnership with his brother Jules, EMILE FOURMAINTRAUX retired to a part of Desvres called La Poterie. In 1896 he founded a tile factory. With Elisa Moison, whom he had married in 1885, he started to make novelty pieces as soon as the family firm in the Rue des Potiers was sold to Francis Masse - freeing him from his commitment to his brother.
Graduating in 1907 from the Sevres Ceramics School, GABRIEL FOURMAINTRAUX made faïence and fine porcelain (china) from 1908. He stopped producing porcelain in the economic crisis of 1925 but carried on making faïence.
Gabriel's son, CLAUDE FOURMAINTRAUX, took over in 1944 and worked with his brother in law Daniel Dutertre.
FOURMAINTRAUX followed his father